Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

WSOP Satellite

This game is tough.

Just finished my first shot at the 2005 WSOP Satellite tournament. Around 1,000 players. $10,000 free roll. I'm chip leader heading into the home stretch with 24 players left (pretty sweet to see the "Chip Leaders: 1 - Porqchop - $179K" roll across the screen).

I end up getting banged up pretty bad my first few shots at the pot at the Final Table (I did get my collector chip for this!). I end up going all-in fairly short stacked in position with K-J of spades. Get called by two players - one with 7-2 off suit, the other with J-9 suited. The flop comes 2-2-2. You've got to be kidding me! Even our best suck-out artist, Marneus - The Man, hasn't ever kicked me in the gut like that.

Finished seventh. Won $10,000. Off to the Hollywood Invitational to see what kind of damage I can inflict.

3 comments:

Whodogg said...

Are you serious about this? Are you playing some sort of on-line tourney?

Porqchop said...

I only wish it were real... see my prior post below, This is a PSP game (also available for Xbox). A ton of fun!

Rog4Gov said...

You out there porqchop?