Only in America.Called Pizza Slut to order some pie for dinner earlier this week. After waiting on hold for better than 15 minutes, and after being exposed to messages ranging from job offers to attempts at coaxing me to order toxic Wing Street wings, I was finally allowed to place my order.
All I wanted was a medium pie... and a family order of their-better-than-pizza cheesy bread sticks. The "specials" all seemed to be centered around multiple pies, multiple toppings and the enemy of my vice "Pepsi" products.
After quickly deciding that none of the bloated "specials" were going to do it for me, I order my mega-sized sticks and medium-sized single topping pie. "Your total will be $24.95 with delivery fees" said the teenager on the line.
hearkening back to my college algebra days, I quickly deduced that I would be paying more for less if I moved forward with my order. Upon questioning the highly-skilled sales pro on the other end of the line, she confirmed that it would actually be more dinero to order my single stick/pie combo than it would be to get two multi-topping pies, the large order of dream sticks and a two liter of dreaded Diet Pepsi.
Being an American consumer, of course I decided that I couldn't let them screw me into paying more for less... so I ordered a week's supply of pie and some rust remover for some tools in the garage.
Guess what's for lunch today...



2 comments:
Ma ma. Wha. Quit your crying. The only thing messed up here is the fact that you ordered Pizza Hut. Don't call it pie. You ordered crap, you get crap. You've got damn good pizza around the corner from you, hop in the tank and go pick it up.
A Blog to post your opinions - free
15 minutes wasted on the phone - free
More food than you really need - $25
Taking it up the ASS from the Pizza Hut Man - PRICELESS.
Post a Comment