The Gov has provided the following recap from the storms that rolled through Kansas over the weekend.I know it’s not worthy of national media attention but there was some flooding in Kansas, just north of Lawrence, this weekend. One of the towns affected was Easton Kansas – population 400 (that’s not a typo – the number is four hundred).
This picture really caught my eye. Was it the fact that looting in a rural town of 400 seems absurd? Was it the rifle, complete with hunter’s scope, tucked under his right arm? Was it the pistol dwarfed in this man’s enormous hand? Was it the CAN OF BEER in his right hand? Or was it the combination of all four things? I don’t even know what else to say…
(Photo and caption taken from the ljworld.com website – I didn’t make this up)
Easton resident Thomas Hutchens, left, and David Nieman leave the residence of Hutchens's mother, Hazel Hutchens, Sunday afternoon as flood waters begin to rise in Easton. Hutchens said he was carrying firearms in case looters approached the property. (Photo by Nick Krug)



2 comments:
Notice the mans T-shirt. Yeah, I was WAY off in my description of Chief fans.
Without knowing the story you would think it was just - "Chiefs fan upset about loss to Eagles".
Post a Comment