For the uninitiated, Snyder's first work, the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake, was freaking brilliant. He took a classic horror film, and enhanced it without creating a complete bastardization. And while I personally didn't think his latest effort, the adaptation of Frank Miller's 300, quite lived-up to the hype... his next project, an adaptation of D.C.'s sacred graphic novel The Watchmen, promises more than enough geeky goodness to whet me from ass to appetite.
Quite a resume, and a lot to live-up-to for a director with only three feature films to his credit.
And with all of this, it's Snyder's next movie that may have me the most excited. Any of you familiar with The Chophouse know that I'm a bit of a zombie fanatic (and snob). That's why this news in Variety has me Porqulating like a Mr. Coffee pot on a Sunday morning at Dunkin' Doughnuts. I am freaking stoked.
Zombies... Snyder... Las Vegas... are you fucking kidding me?
And if production goes as planned, this could be hitting the same time as Max Brooks' World War Z adaptation. I now officially have sufficient reason to look forward to my forties.



No comments:
Post a Comment