Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Selection Funday

What's looking to be a barn burner between KU and Texas today will likely have little-to-no impact on the seedings announced this afternoon. KU's destined to be a number 1 seed at this point. But with the "overall" number 1 seed going to Wisconsin, KU will be playing its first round of ball in San Antonio. Ho-hum.

Here's where things get interesting. In their quest to create "intriguing" match-ups, and boost the ratings for what would typically be a first round cakewalk, I'm betting on the selection committee to pair KU with the Belmost Bears in the first round. That's right... "B"elmot "B"ears with two "Bs", same as the Bradley Braves and Bucknell Bisons of the last two years.

Here we go again.

I'm sure I don't have to remind any of you about the signifigance of the double "B" and its role in ousting KU from the first round of the NCAA Tournament. If you need some context, email The 69ers. I'm sure C's been got a database of the Bison and Brave players sequestered in a folder next to his gay porn collection on his Bill Snyder edition Dell 76912523 external hard drive. And I'm sure a Belmont field will soon be added to the list.

With our recent tournament history. I'm not sure I can pencil KU in for any second round games in the tournament. First and foremost I'm a KU fan, but I've become a believer in their ability to play down to their competition and choke the "B"ig one in first round games under Self. I hope to Hell I'm wrong, but looking to Julian to provie me Wright.

Mark my words, if KU draws Belmont, I'll go ahead and order The 69ers Belmost Bears hat today.

No comments: