ItchieKittie and I traveled out to the FreeState FreakOn comic book convention over the weekend, and had a really nice time. This was the first of what is sure to become an annual event for the Lawrence comic, sci-fi community. I picked a up a few items I've been searching for over the years, a couple of Neal Adams books from the late 60s/early 70s, a new Star Trek (original series) anthology from some local writers who were there pimpin' their wares for Itchie's dad, and a new comic from a local creative team entitled Revere. I haven't had a chance to read Revere yet, but the art is amazing, and any story set in Revolutionary War era Boston about one of our founding fathers kicking werewolf tail has got to be good, right.
I may get a table next year to divest myself of some of the seemingly endless supply of geekware currently inhabiting the den, or maybe I'll talk Marneus and Rog into trekking up their with the kiddies to stock-up on goods.
If anyone has a spare Clone Trooper costume, feel free to join us!



No comments:
Post a Comment