Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Frank Miller's 300

If you haven't already seen it, check out this trailer for the upcoming movie 300 from Frank Miller and Zack Snyder.

If you don't already know who Frank Miller is, I'm not sure what you're doing reading my blog (yes, I'm a comic snob). Zack Snyder is a relatively new director likely best known for his amazing work on the update of Dawn of the Dead that hit the silver screen a couple of years back. He's also set to direct (or wrap) DC's Watchmen and the Rainbow Six video game adaptation. Apparently Zack's a busy boy.

300 is loosely based on the battle of Thermopylae between the Persians and the Greeks, which took place around 400 B.C. The battle was said to be a suicide mission, meant to buy time for the rest of the Greek forces to prepare for the invasion. But the Spartan's kicked much ass even knowing that they were destined to get waxed.

I'm hoping this movie can succeed where Alexander and Troy so miserably failed. Judging from the trailer, it has a decent shot!

No comments: