Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Breakfast In The Age Of Enlightenment

Swingers is on. I fucking love this film. I recall watching the tape four times in 24 hours the first time I saw it (it was, after all, pre-DVD). I had to share it with everyone I knew. Well, maybe not my parents. I even took it into work the next day and forced my team to watch it. They couldn't get enough.

This all got me to thinking... "What other movies that have come out in the past 10 years, have I watched more than once in a 48 hour period?" The answers may likely prove informative and embarrassing, but you'll see a trend. I tend to be loyal to certain directors. You also may notice, I have a constant hankering for some of the cheesiest films.

In no particular order, and as they come to mind:

Swingers (4X - the record holder - returned it late to Blockbuster)
Almost Famous (2X)
Fight Club (2X)
Jerry Maguire (2X)
The Matrix (2X)
Dawn of the Dead (the remake - 2X)
The Day After Tomorrow (2X - loved the FX)
Wedding Crashers (2X)
The Game (2X - had to take an extended bathroom break mid-movie)
Go (3X)
Office Space (2X)
28 Days Later (2X)
Memento (2X)
Primal Fear (2X)
Batman Returns (3X)
Independence Day (3X)
Made (2X)

I'll add more to the list as they come to mind... What does your list look like?

2 comments:

Gregg said...

GREAT post! Wow, I don't know if I can remember the flicks I watched more than once in 48 hours. There's been a few. Rounders, Man on Fire, True Romance, Oceans 11, 40 Year Old Virgin, Swingers of course, Good Will Hunting, Heat, Collateral, Wedding Crashers, Napolean Dynamite. Hell, if I put on any one of these or came across them right now, I'd be stuck on the couch for the rest of the movie.

I cheat on my list, these werent multiple viewings at the theatre and some have been helped out by HBO and DVR

Anonymous said...

Great topic. If I had a dime for everytime I waisted a weekend or was up until 2 a.m. watching a movie I watched earlier in the day I would have a full piggy bank.
Here is my list.
Anchorman (I have probably watched this one 4 times in one day but can't remember for sure.)
Dazed and Confused
Friday
Pulp Fiction
Point Break
Office Space
Raising Arizona
Super Troopers
Joe Dirt
Cable Guy
Rounders
Fight Club
Saving Silverman
Thats all that comes to mind. I am sure there are more. My girlfried could probably give you a couple more.
I would like to thank Comedy Central, HBO, Encore, and any other channel that runs movies back to back.