Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Silent Bob Speaks… of Horror!

AintItCoolNews brings us news of Kevin Smith’s next project, and strap-on your Halloween masks kiddies… he’s going for some straight-up gore next time out.

Apparently, Sir Silent himself was doing a Q&A session prior to a road screening of Clerks II, when someone in the audience asked him to confirm that he was making a departure from the comedy circuit. Smith confirmed that he was indeed planning on making a foray into splatter films, with a little film entitled “Jersey Girl 2.”(I’m assuming much laughter ensued.)

So, does anyone have any inside scoop on working titles? Jersey Ghoul? Clerics? Dogmachine? Mall Ratskull? Chasing Armageddon?

I’ve bought-in heavily to the Askewniverse, and rarely does a horror movie pass through town that I don’t make a concerted effort to see, so you know I’ll be in the front row come opening night.

One could argue that Smith’s latest film, Clerks II, represents his first foray into shock cinema. Jay’s mocking of James Gumm’s cellar-dance in Silence of the Lambs almost made me toss my Treasure Hunt. Did we ever really need to see “full-frontal Jay” (even if it was sans-sausage)? I don’t think so.

2 comments:

Gregg said...

Almost tossed your lunch? Lies! Your mouth was watering you freak!

Porqchop said...

No... that was you tossing my salad... who's the freak now, freak!