Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

OST 7: Hirp Wins!

It had to happen. He’s too good a player to end up in the cellar that many times. A win was inevitable. And no, McDaddy didn’t pull one out (though that’s likely coming up very soon). No, our very own baby boy Hirp kicked OST 7 square in the ass!

I couldn’t possibly recap the night as well as he could, so if you’re interested in getting the "blow-by-blow," you can check out the recap at his blog.

I can tell you that in this game I personally: flopped Quads, got smashed by a Royal Flush, had someone push all-in to my nut Full House, and knocked out a guy who cashed in this year’s World Series of Poker (you didn’t think I was gonna hold back that factoid, did you?).

The final four for the night were:

1. Hirp: $180
2. Holy Mohly: $100
3. Ron Mexico: $80
4. James: $40

We had a slight technical issue with the payouts, so third and fourth place were smart to high tail it out of there early last night. In an effort to keep someone from getting jacked in the future, I’ll get the official payout schedule posted within the next couple of days.

Updated standings will be posted soon. Look for an eVite to OST 8 within the next week.

Thanks for another great game!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops. I'm pretty sure that Hirp was the official authority on the payout amounts at the end. He screwed himself (and Fred, HA!). I will pay back my overrage next month.

Porqchop said...

That's awful generous of you Ron, but I'd make him suffer!

Porqchop said...

That's awful generous of you Ron, but I'd make him suffer!

Gregg said...

Nah, dont worry about it. It was my mistake for trusting that Porqchop added up to 400 correctly. I took a look at the amounts and just wanted to make sure the payouts were fair for the place. Never trust swine, thats why my people dont eat pork.

Porqchop said...

"Your people?" Are you calling yourself out as different or special? Racist.

Gregg said...

Youre the one that said I rode the short bus, so I must be special. And lord knows I hope I'm different from you.