Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

OST 5: MArNeus Supreme – Part Deux

The Devil did not get his due, but “The Man” did come around.

Once again, and for the second time in three games, MArNeus reigned supreme over his Bad Beats brethren. At our season’s midpoint, MArNeus has won two of five OSTs.

In the money:
1. MArNeus - $210
2. Porqchop - $100
3. MoeCephus - $50

I can’t speak for how the night started, as I had to deal with some domestic issues prior to joining the game in progress, but I don’t believe I’ve seen such loose, exciting play since before the points system started. It’s like everyone was playing to win rather than for finishing position. Refreshing for a change.

Case in point: once we got down to four players, the chip leader (MArNeus) and second in command (Drifer) got into a tussle over some nicely-sized blinds with a couple of pre-Flop raises. Before MoeCephus and I knew it, there was about $100K worth of chips in play - as both players went all-in before the Flop. Unfortunately for Drifter, The Man’s J-J trumped his K-Q off-suit with no help coming on the Flop, Turn or River.

My night came to an end on the exact same hand that kicked me square in the nads on the Bad Beats: Road Trip earlier on this month (see Sunday, June 4 posting below). I raised with Q-9 off-suit pre-Flop with MArNeus calling. The Flop comes 7-9-10 rainbow. I bet. MArNeus raises. I re-raise all-in. The Man calls. I’ll be damned if he doesn’t have two pair, 7s and 10s to my pair of 9s. No help on the Turn or River. Just like that, Porq’s chop is cooked.

Hirp took me out on the road. The Man took me out at OST 5. My two archrivals from World Championship Poker on Xbox Live are still sticking it to me. And they’re still no-good River beyotches by my account.

If anyone has additional commentary to add, feel free to use the Comments button below.

OST is scheduled for July 18. Location is to be determined.

2 comments:

Gregg said...

How are you crying? You won some nice cash, got some nice points too. ma ma..whaaaaaa. Shuddup 'Chop.

Porqchop said...

Must crush... destroy... everything. I have Nihilistic Intentions now. Some of you will now of what I speak.