Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Enough

On the eve of the release of yet another contrived, overblown, likely over budget blockbuster from Mr. Tom Cruise... I have an idea. Strike that, make that "I have a dream."

Let's all band together and tell Hollywood, Mr. Cruise and all of his lil' scientifically-oriented churchmates that we've quite had our fill of him. I would like to enlist your aid in the most passive of protests this weekend. To be clear, I'm asking you do nothing. Most specifically, don't go see MI3. I beg of you.

We can count on all of the illegal aliens to be busy protesting, so there's no need to spread the word to any of your friends that might live in that camp, but please... tell everyone else. Make John Travolta conduct an emergency relief mission overseas in his spiffy jumbo jet (with snack cake wife Kelly Preston) to bring back an English-as-a-second-language audience from some third world country. Make L. Ron Hubbard buy three tickets, one for each name.

I would love nothing more come Monday morning than to be reading the headlines covering the absolute disaster at the box office when MI3 doesn't crack the $10M mark. I would love to see the "Bring It On" sequel, "Stick It," do somersaults over the Tom Cruise-fueled juggernaut on the first "blockbuster" weekend of the summer.

Ah... who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll see you all in the popcorn line for this one. Gotta give Philip Seymore Hoffman his due. Damn.

No comments: