My computer's finally back up, so here are the updates I promised you from McDaddy and Hirp. The way they describe the final table, it sounds like it was a total bloodbath. From McDaddy:
Devil Down laid a bad beat on Drifter. The Devil bluffed pre-flop with 6-4 and Drifter called him with A-4. A six came on the river. I didn't watch the heads-up match between the Devil and Plains Moses.
Skrawg went all-in with KK and three people called him. The Face called with 10-10, Moses called with A-7, and I called with A-9 (I was the big blind with 6000 invested and it was only 9000 more to call with everyone else all-in and nobody else left to act). The worst hand, Moses, ended up winning the pot when 4 hearts came on the board and no one else had any - his 7 took it. He quadrupled up.
My bad hand was when I had 7-2 in the big blind and Moses limped from the small blind. The flop was all over the place and he checked to me. With 16,000 sitting there I couldn't resist taking a stab and he immediately went all-in over the top. I laid it down which left me with 11,000 and the big blind 1 hand away.
My free hand I was dealt 9-2, and my big blind I was dealt 5-8 which I had to play and Moses had J-J.
That was it. One semi-stupid bluff and my night was over.
From Hirp:
Well, everyone’s arch nemesis won, as I predicted. And you're gonna love how he did it.
Two huge suck-outs when it was down to three. He took Drifter out first. Drifter was somewhat short stacked at the time. If I remember correctly, Drifter called the big blind and the Devil went all in. Total bluff. Drifter held A 4, the Devil 6-4. Flop came nothing - nothing - 4. Turn nothing, River 6. Bye-bye Drifter.
Few hands later, heads-up with Plains Moses, nearly even stacks. It went raise Moses, re-raise Devil, Moses all-in pre-flop. I think it was K-10 for Moses against K-8 for the Devil, nothing on Flop, and Turn, 8 comes on the River.
Yikes.



1 comment:
Wow, some harsh complaints on here. "Everyone's nemesis?" Sheesh. You would start thinking I wasn't that most popular guy around with that kind of comment.
2 suckouts in a night, the only reason they stick out is because they were on the last 2 hands of the night. Oh well, I'll have to try to place again next month so you all have some fodder for praise pieces in your blogs for our old friend DD (and yes, that is a 3rd person reference).
Post a Comment