Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Aging Disgracefully

I'm staring to feel like I've become the bitter old man sitting alone in the corner. Things now annoy me that never have in the past, and my patience has worn to be thinner than a thread of the finest silk. I'm not sure if it's my age, or having two little ones that has trimmed the length of my fuse to provide the smallest of margins. These days, anything sets me off. I need to stop... and reverse this cycle, but not sure how. Any tips from any other cronies our there?

3 comments:

Gregg said...

That's from aging? I've been like that since I was 5. I think it just comes from paying attention.

Perhaps a trip to Mexico would help.

Rog4Gov said...

A fully stocked bar seems to do the trick.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I think the key is to love pepople BECAUSE of the little things that annoy you, instead of IN SPITE of those things. It's those little annoying traits that really fill out a person's character, and if you take them away, life is nowhere near as enjoyable. Easier said than done, I realize, but if you embrace that outlook, the stress of all the little things seems to roll off a lot easier.

Now, don't think that I embrace that philosophy when I'm driving and some jack-hole trying to get ahead cuts me off... :)