Off the deep end. That's where Dakota's greed and need for validation through Bungie's ranking system has taken him.
Last night, in a Midship/Team Shotguns game, I was purposefully ejected from the game from someone on my team (and my "Friends List" no doubt) for a couple of incidental betrayals.
Can I help it that Descrota runs out of control and ultimately ends up on the death's-end of my boomstick as a part of an overspray kill intended only for the player on the other team (I think he received a facial)? Can I help it that Descrota doesn't look where he walks and stepped in a pile of glowing-blue-Porq-goo when running backwards into a room? I think not. But with no hesitation (and a little commentary to Marneus), Descrota hits that little blue button that gives him the option of booting Team/Friend/Fellow-Slayer/ex-roommate Porqchop from the game for good.
The sad thing is that his motivation in all of this wasn't revenge, it wasn't anger at himself for his own inept play and lack of ability to control his movements... it was having his eye on the prize. By ejecting me, he climbed a level in the game rank as he would have been destined for the cellar had he played it out. The biggest question in my mind is "Would Descrota have booted WFO Charlie or one of his other teenage bum-buddies had they done the same thing?" Again, I don't think so.
I have yet another recommended name change for Descrota, "Collateral Damage."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment