Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Bad Beats: Night Out III

Gregg and I ventured out to Callahan's again last night. Not a huge crowd, but still had between 32 and 40 players. I played in only the first game, Hirp stayed for both (feeding his addiction as much as possible).

I lost the first three medium-sized hands I was involved in, but ended up working my short-stack (settle down Gavin...) all the way to an eighth place finish. My last hand was a three-way all-in pre-flop with 10 players left at two tables. All three of us had pocked pairs with the Aces hitting a set on the flop. I was second in chips of the three. On the way to my finish, I was able to knock out Gregg's arch-nemisis, the decrepit "BOOM!"

The Hirp looked like he had a strong start in the first game, but before I knew it he was on my hip playing the role of cheerleader for the rest of the first game. He probably actually finished around 20th, but our "barely legal"hostess needed to slot someone at 12th, so she threw him a bone (doesn't he only wish...). Hirp finished 14th out of 40 in the second game.

We'll likely try to get another outing going in a couple of weeks... stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bite me porqchop. Okay, how I got knocked out of the first game. Some nim rod with the small blind, goes all in blind, a raise of a whopping $225, with the blinds at 100-200, i was the big blind. Some other genius calls blind, so I look down and see KQ suited, raise 1000. The caller, finally looks at his cards and raises me all in. Pretty obvious bluff right? No, lucky shit has pocket aces.

Worst of all, he was wearing a Kobe Bryant jersey, had an afro, and was whiter than Kendalls bareass. But no, not bitter.

Porqchop said...

You got knocked out by the biggest nimrod at the place (besides me that is..)? He was like a character straight out of and Elmore Leonard book. Too funny!