Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Schrute 'Em Up

That's really not fair, because Dwight is better than this.

How anyone could take the combined talents of Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti (I'm not accounting for Monica Belluci as she's not proven herself beyond her minor role in The Matrix Reloaded), and produce such an absolute piece of crap, is totally beyond me.

Trite, insulting dialogue. Lactating hookers. Recycled action sequences. The overuse of carrots as a deadly device. Babies harvested for bone marrow. This movie makes Blood Rayne look like Blood Simple.

And Rog4gov... you're officially on probation as a credible source for movie reviews. It pains me to alert my Ghost Rider/Smokin' Aces movie buddy of this fact, but it must be done.

Throw me an accurate review that doesn't involve you paying me back if I don't like the movie, and you'll be back on solid footing soon.

As for the inane and recurring question in the movie of what's worse, "A pussy with a gun in their hand" or "a gun with a pussy in their hand"... the picture above says it all.

8 comments:

Rog4Gov said...

I can't believe you didn't like it. What's the deal? Did you think it was going to have a plot? Come on. The guy used a carrot to kill about 300 people. You just weren't in the right frame of mind when you went to see it.

Porqchop said...

There is no right frame of mind for this... it was God awful...

Rog4Gov said...

Much better than Ghost Rider.

Porqchop said...

"Bah!" (to be spoken in my best Marneus voice) You must be on crack.

Rog4Gov said...

Seriously. Forget about the plot because it sucked ass. I am in complete agreement on that one. What I liked was that it was 80 minutes of friggin gun battles. Cripes it was like watching a video game on the big screen.

Porqchop said...

Maybe a bad video game, that I want to take back to Blockbuster.

Rog4Gov said...

Did you happen to go see this movie with your old high school gym teacher? I think that might explain the problem. You didn't really hate the movie you actually hated the company.

Gregg said...

It was like watching a really easy video game. The kind that looks tough, but after 3 minutes you know how to kill everyone.

It wasnt the lack of plot that sucked, it was the fact that the action sequences were predictable, that the dialogue was retarded and the hookers werent even hot.

This movie made History of Violence look as good as everyone made it sound, and that movie sucked