Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Final Table: RonTezuma's Revenge

Season 2 is officially in the books, and Ron Mexico took home the coveted trophy and top money prize at our Final Table game. Congrats to Ron on a fantastic end to his season. He definitely kicked it up a notch to finish the year, and his premature retirement talk is complete and utter bullshit!

The night started off a bit looser than last season's championship game. With the blinds at $50/$100, there were many pots raked within the $1,000 to $2,000 range. McDaddy noted at one point that the best strategy of the night seemed to be going in behind in a hand, and sucking out on the river. I'm sure to those of you familiar with our typical games, this doesn't sound at all familiar.

I can honestly say I can't ever recall seeing as many boats and full houses pulling down pots, and Devil Down even nailed me with an inside straight flush hit. It seems that everyone had the chip lead at one point or another.

Outside of the poker, the most memorable occurence of the night had to have been when Devil Down (here-to-fore to be known as"Death Bringer") emerged from the bathroom looking like a ravaged plague victim from the seventeenth century. Shortly after arriving, Death Bringer announced that he hadn't felt well all day, then promptly ran off to the bathroom. Our poor basement will never be the same again....

After all the hi-jinx and shennanigans (as the folks at the cash game were calling out), when the dust settled for the night, with the blinds topping out at the $4,000/$8,000 range, the finishing order was:

1) Ron Mexico - $550
2) MoeCephus - $60
3) McDaddy - $20
4) Porqchop
5) Devil Down
6) The Face
7) WhoDogg
8) Holy Mohly

I'll let Ron confirm in the Comments section, but I believe the final hand between he and MoeCephus ended up as a suck out.

Thanks to all for making this a great season. Check your email for an opportunity to opt in or out of Season 3, and for some fairly significant rule changes/play enhancements.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a suck out. Moe had about 20K left in chips and went all in with Q-Q I called with K-10S clubs. First card turned over on the flop was the Q of clubs and Moe giggled like a schoolgirl. All I was thinking about was needing two Kings. Third card was a club and a club came on the river. I almost didn't catch it and Moe was in disbelief when I called it.

My daughter thinks the pewter trophy looks dirty. She was unimpressed.

Porqchop said...

You can always take it to a trophy shop and guild it in gold... congrats again on your victory. Well done.