Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Damned Jacks: Part Deux

Farging Jacks. The bane of my existence.

Give me pocket Twos... Threes... Fours... J-9 off suit... anything, but farging pocket Jacks.

Played a little warm-up game at Johnny's tonight. Wasn't seeing much all night, but still managed to build a nice little stack in addition to what I'd started with. Then it happened... first time I'd seen two face cards all night... and it's farging Jacks.

I'm big blind, so I raise to three times the blind ($1,200). A slew of folds immediately behind me, then the jag-off who's been misdealing and showing burn cards all nights raises me $1,000 (called the big blind at $400 prior to that). I've got him covered, so I push him all-in (easy Roger, it's poker). He calls. Just as I expected after the raise, he slowed played pocket Aces.

No help on the Flop, Turn or River. He doubles up (and ends up taking the rest of my meager stack two hands later when he draws out on me on the river - Gavin, do you have a cousin in town we don't know about?).

Good thing it was a free game!

Mohly was still had a nice stack in front of him when I left. I believe Hirp was headed to play after work.

No comments: