Should I find it scary that I don't miss being in an office, and that I'm becoming way too comfortable in the (physical) absence of human beings? I don't think so.
Every now and then I'll have a moment of realization that I haven't seen anyone between the time I put the kids on the bus, kissed the wife goodbye (well... mentally at least) to head upstairs to work and the time I go to pick them up in the evening.
It's not like I don't have "contact" with anyone during the day. I'm on the phone, IMing or emailing folks all the live long day. But I typically don't see anyone. At least not outside of their pictures on Facebook.
I'm pretty damn lucky. I get to work in comfy clothes, surrounded by my all my various pop culture detritus, listening to music while sucking down an endless supply of Diet Coke from the mini fridge. Every now and then, I might even get to sneak away for lunch with the wife or Hirp (yes, they are different people).
Miss it. Hell no. I'll have a tough time going back to the office when the time finally comes. The biggest kicker is that I haven't enjoyed the work I've done so much in a decade. They might have to bury me in my home office.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment