I wouldn't blame anyone for removing "check the Chophouse" from their list of daily activities. I've been a bad, bad, blogger. It seems my time away from permanent employment paralleled a void in updating this site, but both should be nearing an end shortly.
This Monday, my status as "contractor" with Bank of America changes to permanent employee. I won't say that I'm not cautiously optimistic that this will continue on in perpetuity. With the current economy, my short tenure with the company, and remote status... I would say that I'm numero uno on the chopping block if the pendulum swings in the direction of lay-offs. Still, I can't helping feeling like we've dodged a bullet by my finding something prior to severance running out, in addition to the fact that I actually REALLY like the job.
I'm feeling more enthused about working than I have in almost a decade (a mere coincidence that this was the length of my tenure with my last company?), and hoping the fire keeps burning hot. With this weight lifted off of my shoulders, I should also be more mental capacity for The Chophouse. Stay tuned (if you've tuned in at all...).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
You are still my homepage! *sniff* I will never leave the Chop! Glad to hear it about your work. Don't let them pull you away to Charlotte!!!!!
OK, It's supposed to be me!
Wow! I certainly didn't think anyone would still have this set as their homepage. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I was checking you guys out on Rog's Unforgiven homepage link yesterday. Contemplating jumping back into WoW (you know, since it's winter and all...).
Welcome back to blogging. Bout damn time.
Glad you are still blogging.
Post a Comment