Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Mizzwho?

After riding such a high since their definitive victory over arch rival KU, this week's gonna be a rough one for Missouri Tiger fans.

Apparently, it wasn't enough of a humiliating slap in the face that the "then" number one BCS ranked Missouri Tigers were an underdog to the "then" number nine ranked Oklahoma Sooners coming into the Big 12 Championship game (a game that the favorite and lower-ranked team won... handily, I might remind you). But it seems that the recently-ice-cold Tigers have now been completely dismissed from BCS bowl play in favour of... get this, the team they beat to get to the championship game in the first place, KU.

Wow. That's gotta sting.

I know there's a rule about bringing three teams to BCS bowl play from one conference (a ridiculous rule, I might add), but I'm shocked and ecstatic that the powers that be saw fit to take the eighth ranked Jayhawks over the sixth ranked Tigers. What a screw.

Last Monday Mizzou football was on the front cover and homepage of every major sports media outlet. This week, they're an also ran...Happy that KU will be playing on January 3, but Mizzou still won the game that knocked KU out of the championship hunt (on both fronts). I think we both lost on this one.

No comments: