I stayed up late last night watching Cool Hand Luke on one of the HD channels. I haven't watched this movie from beginning to end since I was in college, and I forgot how much I liked it. Watching the boys on the chain gang got me to thinking (no, not like "that" Hirp) about what my top ten prison flicks would be. Not that you care, but I'll share.
For a variety of reasons (some listed), and in no particular order:
- Shawshank Redemption: Okay this one is in order. The best. Ever.
- Bad Boys: Sean Penn, Esai Morales and Clancy Brown. Who can forget the scene where the boom box blows up in Clancy's ear... and the dead-fish sex scene with Ally Sheedy. Classic.
- Escape From Alcatraz: Clint. Clint. Clint.
- Oh Brother, Where Art Though: Nothing depressing about this Depression story.
- Stir Crazy: Pryor. Wilder. Goodness.
- Midnight Express: Not surprising that Brad Davis never again found meaningful work after popping his cork in the visitation booth.
- The Green Mile: Always feel like I need a shower after this one. Darabont even makes you hate Tom Hanks. Is that even possible?
- Bridge Over the River Kwai: A prison flick? Hell yes!
- Escape form New York: People forget tat the entire movie takes place in a prison.
- Cool Hand Luke: Had to officially list it!
Use the comments button to use your thoughts/picks.



No comments:
Post a Comment