Most everyone knows that I have a sort of "man crush" on Ryan Adams (for his music, not his manhood). And if challenged, I would vehemently defend my firm belief that he's the most talented singer/songwriter of his generation. When focused, no one can touch him.It's also common knowledge that there aren't many bigger fuck-ups out there than the aforementioned Mr. Adams. To date, his moments of genius have always been countered by his monumentally boneheaded (and public) displays of rock star pretentiousness and self indulgent behavior.
On the eve of the release of his most critically praised album since Gold, this New York Times article provides profound insight into the monsters, methods, mania and madness that have defined the last 10 years of Ryan Adams life.
I'm looking forward to checking out Easy Tiger in its entirety next week. And hope that the hype around this release doesn't promote a back burn that sends Ryan reeling back into the ether.



2 comments:
I initially read 'Bryan Adams' and was all set to lay into your ass about this post. F'ing hilarious!!!
That Robin Hood song still makes me want to puke...
Aint no Summer O' 69 lovin' on this here blog. No sir.
Post a Comment