Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Jack Chaser's Home Game

A few of us Bad Beats players journeyed over to fellow-leaguer Jack Chaser’s house last night for his monthly home game. In addition to our host and myself, the Bad Beats crew included Marneus, Hirp and McDaddy. Good times ensued.

Marneus (doing his best Holy Mohly impression) was first out of the main event (I believe he finished second to a 15-year-old in the side tourney). Hirp, McDaddy and I all made the final table, but Hirp was the only one to walk away with some coin as he finished third, knocking me out of the money in fourth. Our host was on the bubble for the final table.

Hirp has a much more comprehensive recap on his blog, but I can tell you that this was an interesting change of pace game from our standard OST. If memory serves, about half of the 19 players were out in the first 60 minutes. And the table talk… I’ve never seen anything quite like it! Even Double Devil would have had a difficult time sifting his way through the trash talk and card calling flying about during this game.

JC mentioned that the game would be held once a month on a Friday. If you’re interested in playing, check with him at our next league game.

No comments: