Chophouse Banner (alt type)

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Rule Amendment

Skrawg has placed the following motion on deck. Please use the "Comments" section below to vote in favor or against.

I have a slightly more "moderate" opinion. I agree we could discuss this until Nebraska wins another national championship (that's a long damn time, for those wondering) -- so we need to put this to an end.

The gist is that I think many people made very good points yesterday. I think many people feel that we should have had a system in place for dropping a low score or two from the beginning, given the issues with trying to scheduled days everyone can make it -- and I think this is a good point. I also agree that changing things mid-stream is something that's easy to argue against. Fact is, it would just be plain wrong to exclude someone from the final table that would have been there under the rules we followed for the first 7/10 of the year.

So.....

I propose (and my sincere hope is we can just all agree with this and move on -- without discussing the pros/cons of 17 other scenarios -- my Inbox just can't take it again today) the following -- which is basically yesterday's proposal with a slight twist (which in some form was tossed out there yesterday somethere in the emails, I think):

We officially change the rules for the standings to the system where the lowest 2 finishes are not counted. This becomes the official system and the top 8 finishers qualify for the final table. However, at the end of the year (after OST 10), I will also run the results with no finishes excluded.

Anyone who would have made the Top 8 under the system also gets in (i.e. we play more than 8 at the final table). Because dropping 2 was somewhat arbitrary, I'll also run the results dropping only the lowest 1 finish -- anyone who would have been in the Top 8 in this scenario also gets in. Fact is, it's most likely that there won't be any differences in the Top 8 under all three of these, but just in case. No one has ever mentioned dropping more than 2, so save the emails about "why not more than 2"...

Bottom line, to get to the final table, you need to finish in the Top 8 under any of those 3 scenarios (again -- I doubt the results will vary much if at all under any of these). As was proposed yesterday, once the seats at the final table are determined, all 10 OST's are used to determine starting chip count.

One further thing -- which is EXTREMELY ulikely, but still possible, is that using the "official" standings (i.e. dropping 2 lowest) anyone who finishes above someone who qualifies for the final table -- must also get in. In other words, if someone finished 9th under all 3 scenarios above still gets in if the person who finished 10th in the "official" system gets in based on an 8th place finish in another scenario.


I know the description is wordy -- but it's actually quite simple -- and I belive it's the only somewhat fair way to allows us to implement something many feel we should have had from the beginning -- while not screwing over anyone who would have made it under the original system.

Can we just go with it???

Skrawg

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

okfine

Anonymous said...

RightSaidFred - yes to whatever you guys decide. My only caveat is that I want some leg room at the final table :)

Anonymous said...

yea

Porqchop said...

"Yes" from Porqchp (and use your poker IDs out here so we know who you band holes are!)

Anonymous said...

Oh... yes.

Whodogg said...

Whodogg is all-in for the new rule. That's a "yes" for the boys not up with the lingo.

Anonymous said...

I vote for Rich's proposal

Anonymous said...

Yea

Gregg said...

I vote yes, does this mean I dont get his chips and seat in the final table?

Anonymous said...

I'm with Rich

Anonymous said...

Yes

Anonymous said...

Yes